Big news from over the weekend: Lilia has her first word - HI!! She's said things like "mama" and "dada" for a long time now, but they seem to still be somewhat indiscriminately used. She'll say mama to me, but then she also says it to the toilet - so who knows what she thinks it means. But, she now says "hi" like a real word. She'll crawl over to where I am or where Adam is after playing by herself for awhile and say "I!" (she doesn't really do the 'h' so well). Or, sometimes if I've left my phone vulnerable, she'll start to play with it and say "I!" to the phone. She has a toy phone and she likes to say hi to that, as well as speak loudly toward it in her own language, including words like guk, gok, gak, aga, duck and dog (not associated with the animals), baba, ada, etc. It's pretty funny, but so far hi is the only thing in English she consistently uses correctly.
Walking: not yet. She wishes she could walk, and likes to spend a lot of time practicing, but really isn't a walker. Basically, she's a big wuss. She'll walk from a piece of furniture to Adam or I and back as long as it isn't more than 4 or 5 steps for her. If she's walking between Adam and I, she'll go as far as 8-10 steps, but that's all we can get her to do for now. I haven't seen her choose walking over crawling when a parent is not involved - ie, couch to chair, chair to toy, etc. But, she's improved a lot in the last little bit, and I expect we'll see her really walking in the next month or so.
Other random updates: Her hair is now long enough to pull up in pigtails or a ponytail, very cute. She also can give kisses. We'll say "Give me a kiss!" and make a kiss toward her, and she'll come at us with a huge, open-mouth, very slobbery kiss, usually right on the lips if she can manage. Very disgusting, but highly amusing and so adorable. Dance moves must run in the family because Lilia has become quite the head-bobber, bootie-shaker, and foot-stomper.
Well, that's what's going on in the Lilia department. We've taken some great fotos and videos recently, but that's Adam's department so I'll let him post them when he gets a chance. :)
3 comments:
Well, hello!
Sorry Sarah - I was in the middle of working on the post and a little someone managed to hit the keyboard and post just the title. I'm sure you understand :)
Lol. Oh, I understand all too well. Dante sent an email to my professor for me once when it was only half finished. I'm glad to see the post this morning. Much more interesting than just the title.
That's so cool that Lilia is saying "hi". Dante does a lot of babbling, but no real talking yet. As I was reading your post I thought of the video of Lilia talking to her phone while Adam was on the phone and I can totally see her having "hi" as her first word. I can't wait to see you all this summer and get all the little cousins together!
Post a Comment