Friday, March 5, 2010

Jarom is doing better.

It was a good parent teacher conference this time. I don't know if you know, but we took Jarom to the doctor to see if there was a medical reason that he was doing so poorly in school. After doing some tests at school and other things, he was diagnosed with ADD. We put him on Concerta about two months ago. In that two months, he has taken his grades from mostly D's and F's to mostly A's, B's and C's. He still struggles with math, but so do I. He is doing so much better in school and I am so proud of him. I was very hesitant to put him on medication, but he is doing so much better and feeling better about himself that I think it was a good thing to do.

Now if we can just get Nathan to stop talking in class when he shouldn't. He finishes his work so fast that he gets bored and starts to talk to the kids around him, then he gets in trouble.

Erin is trying to slide by and not do her homework, but she is going to change that.

Jacob is still doing well in school but is discovering that math is getting harder the older he gets.

Hope you all are doing well.

Connie

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm glad to hear you are all doing well. School can be an interesting animal for children to figure out. Hope all goes well with Jarom's new routine.