Saturday, January 30, 2010
So here is the latest...
By way of background CES moved 60 people last year, which can cost about 50k to do, this year they are aiming to move around 20, so think of a funnel...right now it looks like they really want a Spanish speaker for the Houston spot, something they are trying to focus on more down there, which is totally understandable, so they are leaning in another direction, which may be a good thing, all my work would have been in the inner loop, Southeast side of Houston, and we would have lived in the Northwest side, so I might have seen my wife and kids sometime, maybe. I was told on friday that there is another spot I am being considered for in Texas, but some other "dominos" have to fall first, there are no retirements in Dallas, San Antonio and maybe 1 in Austin (lots of guys are postponing retirement since their 401k all took some serious hits) or some people may be going to BYUI or BYU, but I do know that David Shumway one of the Coordinators in Dallas fell of a ladder and broke his back, he served in my mission and is a great Christlike man so I really can't hope they move him for that reason, but if they decided to move him so that they could cut down on his movement I wouldn't complain too much...so right now the chance of any move this year is about 4/10. So we are hopeful and waiting, but proceding normally until we hear otherwise, right now its really economics, so I suggest we all blame Obama, and mention what I just explained to you to no one, please keep praying, it availeth much, and we will see. Were not too worried, it will happen, it's now just a question of when not if. Love you all, sean
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment