Thursday, January 14, 2010

GAO Summer Internship



I got a call from the GAO a few weeks ago. They informed me that a very competitive debate had eliminated me from the internship. There were only 2 slots and I was their 3rd pick. This morning, GAO called me and informed me that a 3rd slot had opened unexpectedly and they invited me to participate in the internship.

This summer should be very interesting considering Laura will be having a baby sometime in June and the internship will likely be around the same time. We haven't had much time to discuss the ramifications of this news but I suppose it is still pretty good. If the internship goes well it could mean an offer of a permanent position with the GAO in Dallas. Let's not get our hopes up but this has potential to be a very good opportunity.

*Update:  My start date will be 6 July 2010.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That's awesome, Adam! We are very excited for you and we are looking forward to seeing you this summer.