Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday afternoon

Hi, Adam! It's just an average Tuesday afternoon, but I thought I'd respond to your questions. Yes, I am still in my Master's program. So I feel your pain! I've been in school forever, too. I'll be extending one extra semester because of the baby. Instead of Dec 2009, I should graduate in May 2010. The program I'm in is really flexible, though, all of the Masters classes needed to graduate are offered as online classes. I prefer the face-to-face classes, but I'll end up taking more online classes for the scheduling advantages. Stephen and I should both be finishing up schooling in north Texas at about the same time and the plan is still to transfer down to A&M at that point (Fall 2010).

The baby furniture shopping hasn't been that great. We found furniture we liked, but it was way over priced ($1000 for a convertible crib to full bed). There are other more reasonably priced baby cribs (most are convertible to a toddler bed, twin bed, or full bed), but they aren't made very well. At the moment, Stephen is planning to make a crib with someone that we know who has woodworking tools. If that doesn't work out, we will probably find something off of Craig's list. We already have a few baby cloths that my mom has bought and my mom made a really cute baby blanket out of material Stephen and I pick out, so we have a few small things, but we haven't made any of the big purchases yet. Still so much to do and get prepared for before the impending arrival.

My waist is expanding as well, although I haven't gained any weight yet. My pants don't really fit anymore. It's very annoying because I'm in between normal size pants and prego pants. I've started spending a lot more time in a pair of exercise pants I have that have a flexible waist band. I'm not "showing" quite yet, i.e. I don't look pregnant yet to other people, but my lower abdomane is swelling and is actually firm to the touch. It's really weird to watch my body change. I'm still having a battle with food and I'm averaging once every week or so having one day where I can't keep much down. I'm looking forward to the beginning of October when the first trimester will be over. I'm hoping that will be the end of the food rejection phase that my body is in right now.

It is nice to here that Laura is experiencing much the same issues as I am. It's really cool to be pregnant at the same time. I'm not alone! :)

2 comments:

Sean said...

Do you remember that episode of the Simpsons where Homer makes a bed for Bart, and it's supposed to be a clown bed, but Bart is so scared of the bed, but Homer kinda screws it up and makes it look evil, that he stays awake all night? It's a classic with the awesome line, "can't sleep, clown will eat me." Steve, build that kind of bed!

Sarah said...

Stephen responce: Working very hard on the evil clown. Having trouble with the color selection.