Friday, September 5, 2008

School's in Forever

School started this week and I think it's going to be another hard semester. I wish I were smarter or had one of those time traveling necklaces from Harry Potter. I'm taking my capstone seminar which is basically just a class where they assign a ton of reading and simultaneously ask you to write the best research paper of your undergraduate career. It should be easy ;).

I'm taking two other reading intensive classes (HIST 251 & PHIL 202) mostly because I have to if I want to graduate but it turns out they look interesting. The one class I was excited about kind of flopped the first day. The professor seemed unprepared and I got tired of listening to him after 15 minutes. I hope it was just first day jitters and that the class will improve (I've seen it happen).

Laura is super tired too (Sarah, you're in good company). It seems like she's been poisoned with black lotus everyday when I come home. I've never seen her so tired. It takes a lot of energy to actually make a baby.  I have to encourage Laura to eat too.  I think this is at least in part because food just isn't as interesting to her.

Teaching has been a chore for her.  I can only imagine what it feels like to try and teach a bunch of 13 and 14 year old kids with as little sleep and energy as she has.  I feel quite useless too.  I wish I could harness my chi and send some her way but I guess my ninja skills have been waning.

Josh, I'm sorry I haven't been more vigilant about baby names. I'll make a renewed effort.  Didn't you guys have some kind of theme or pattern to your naming (i.e. Anguiano) or did you scap that since a name has been hard to find?  Do you have some draft names?  Give us a list of what we're working with.  Meaning,  a list of possible names and the names/name combinations that you've already rejected.

Sarah, I wish I labeled my pictures.  That was very cool.  I'm so glad that you are pregnant while Laura is.  It's helpful, to me at least, to know that Laura's transformation is normal/expected.  Are you still in your master's program?  How did furniture shopping go?

Well, I have to go to class.  I feel like I'm too old to be saying that.

1 comment:

Sean said...

You'll do fine, it's not like it's going to be hard or anything.