Now that I have stated this gently, can we come together and make a consensus decision, if the economy is down and were all poor then let's just write letters or something and call it good, if we want to set a price limit of 5 bucks a family that is fine as well, I know that were all struggling with all the hope and change weve been through lately and we may only have change left. I know on Connie's side we have names assigned by year and we rotate through the other nine siblings, that might be an option, but we need to make a decision. Love you all. sean
6 comments:
If we're buying $5 gifts and paying at least that to ship it then I don't think it's worth the trouble. If we were meeting on Christmas morning then I would see the point but since we're not it seems silly.
There's no reason why the Texas crew can't do a local exchange (we won't be offended). It makes more since for you all to be able to open presents from each other on Christmas morning.
I'm not unwilling to participate if I'm the only one who thinks the exchange isn't worth the hassle. I just think it would be easier for us all to write $5 checks to each other and call it even. I hope I'm not offending anyone. Forgive me if I'm too "bah humbug" for everyone.
chris said- Can't believe this came from a CES teacher? About all I could do for $5 is make some cookies to give and I want Jenifer's name cause she is the only one that would be happy with that. Anyone want an Ice scraper for Christmas? How about it Adam?- you live in the desert! Just wish someone would make their opinion clear- I want to buy all the little kids gifts and be done not that I dont love you all.
We are sending Christmas cards, family letter and family picture. We aren't in a position to really do any more than that. I'm happy with Chris doing presents for the little ones since that is more important to Stephen and I than anything for us. And we love your cookies, too, Chris! :)
We will probably do a Christmas card with a letter and family pic as well. If grandma and grandpa want to do something for the little ones, we are of course ok with that! I'm glad everyone knows now that I am perfectly fine with some of grandmas chocolate chip cookies any day of the year! (not that it comes as a surprise I'm sure!) Sorry that we can't do more but hopefully this upcoming year will be a better one financially for all of us! love you guys!
so letters are awesome, and if you want to do stuff for the grandmidgets that would be fine too...what does CES have to do w/ this?
I don't know what the crap CES has to do with it, but I think that they were referring to the gentle way in which Sean put his question. I think that the way you and your siblings handle it seems to make sense.
Post a Comment