Monday, June 1, 2009

Upcoming Family Gathering

So, Stephen and I were talking, and we thought it would be a good idea to have a tentative schedule for the upcoming gathering of Anguiano personnel. Mostly we were wanting to put together a rotation for dinner. That way we all know whose house to meet at for the evening meal. This will allow for a little planning as a family and will lessen the number of times we eat out. :) This blog seems like a good forum to post this proposition and will allow for discussion on the topic. Also, anything we come up with is always available for revision and spontaneious change at any time; nothing is set in stone. If anyone has any activities they wanted to throw out for discussion, feel free. So, here is a starting point for a plan:

(Updated to include Laura's and Chris' comments)

Tuesday, June 9:
Adam, Laura, and Lilia arrive
Stephen and Sarah for dinner

Wednesday, June 10:
Josh and Jen for dinner

Thursday, June 11:
Sean arrives
JR off work
JR and Chris for dinner

Friday, June 12:
JR off work
Eat out? El Fenix?

Saturday June 13:
Jen's baptism
Josh and Jen's house for dinner, Laura cooking

Sunday, June 14:
Dante's blessing
Sean departs
Leftovers or something simple for this day?
JR and Chris for dinner

Monday, June 15:
Stephen and Sarah for dinner

Tuesday, June 16:
Adam, Laura, and Lilia depart

6 comments:

Adam said...

This is actually Laura. I'm more than willing to cook a meal one of the nights. Of course, I'd have to borrow someone's house and food (or buy some, which is no problem at all). I was thinking maybe the day of Jen's baptism - we could still do it at their house but I could cook so they wouldn't have to worry about cooking that day. I think that sounds like a great idea. Good idea though, Sarah and Stephen, to have a plan in mind.

Sarah said...

Yes, I had thought about that, but hadn't changed it before I posted the message. I have updated the original post to include your comments. I figure a running updated schedule will be the best way to incorporate people's comments, suggestions, and wishes.

Sarah said...

Thanks for your comments, Laura!

Adam said...

Does anyone have any events planned other than dinners? I mean separate from the blessing and baptism? I'm reluctant to plan too much because of the two newborns but we may want to think of some things as optional activities. Also we could put some sort of work availability thing. I'm guessing not everyone will have the day off. What days do you expect to have to work. This could be useful in planning additional undertakings.

Sarah said...

This is Chris posting:
I think that we should pick a day that is a little slower for eating out. I am open to requests from anyone but our visitors might have a local place that they would like. I know that El Fenix will have short wait times on Friday so it might be a hit. Also, Carino's has a Monday night family deal.
JR will have Thursday, Friday & Sunday off. I haven't gotten any firm details on Jennifer's baptism for Saturday.

Jennifer said...

hey guys, better late than never right?! :o) I just read all of this and I will let you guys know that first, I am not getting baptized on Saturday. We are almost there, just gonna need to wait a bit longer. I will keep everyone updated on that though. So Saturday is pretty open although we do have a birthday party to take Gillian to from 2-4. Our house is listed that night for dinner, and that should be fine. We can grill or something. I also wanted to suggest going to the Arboretum if anyone is interested although we'd need to go early before it gets too hot. Vivian gets red cheeked and sweaty pretty quick! Maybe we can go Saturday morning? Also, Wednesday we are listed for dinner and we can try and go swimming that day if anyone wants to. Trying to think of other activities we could do, but the only other place I can think of that is free, cool, and somewhat baby friendly is the mall. Any takers cause I'm always game! Ok, well I apologize for being a slacker, thanks guys for trying to get everything together! See you all soon!