Sunday, June 21, 2009

Moving In

We made it. It was a pretty long trip but we are almost done unpacking the truck. There are boxes everywhere but we'll make due. It will be nice to have all this finally done. Hopefully, we won't put off the unpacking for too long.

We left at 7:30 am on Friday and arrived in Sacramento at about 8:00 pm. With the help of my brother-in-law we loaded a piano into the truck. Sandi, my sister-in-law had dinner ready for us and it was delicious (I think in part because I so starving).

The next morning we loaded some things from Laura's parents and were back on the road at 10:30 am. We arrived at about 5:30 pm and check in with the apartment office and got our keys and the like. Unfortunately, we had not planned on leaving so early but needed to arrive before 6:00 pm so that we could sign our lease.

This meant that our arrangements with the Elder's Quorum didn't accurately reflect our arrival time. No one was planning to be at our apartment until 7:30 pm. I decided to get started anyway and ended up unloading from 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm. No one from the church showed up and Laura made me stop moving things because I was too tired. I wanted to keep working but also wanted to keep her from worrying about me.

Church is at 11:00 am and I still haven't found my dress shirts. I have to get going if I'm going to find those shirts in time for church.









Address:
1660 Kendall Dr. Apt. 96
San Bernardino, CA 92407

3 comments:

JR said...

Hey how about some after photos to go with the before photos

JR said...

This is from Mom- Also would like a good picture of the chair. There were comments made that I did not know how to do reupholstering and I would like everyone to see the job that I did- thanks!

Janice said...

chris, i don't know who said you couldn't reupholster - i saw the chair, it's amazing! the apartment is so cute, you all did a great job - mostly you, from what laura and adam said!