Monday, July 21, 2008
New callings
The day that Stephen's and my records were read into the ward we were pulled aside by one of the Bishopric members after church for our first callings in the ward. We have been called as the Junior Nursery Leaders! We are in charge of the nursery for children ages 18 months to 2 years. Children who are turning 3 during the year are in Senior Nursery. We had our first Sunday in Nursery yesterday and all went well. We had four little girls who all played well and were very quite, partly because 2 of them are very shy. We actually have a lesson manual to prepare short (5 minutes max) lessons for them each week and the Primary Chorister comes in for about 5 minutes of "singing time" with the kids. As with most things involving children, the hardest part is going to be the adults. We had several people coming to check and make sure we were doing o.k. on our first Sunday and they were louder than the kids. But hopefully that will taper off as the weeks go by. We are happy in our new callings! The challenge is going to be getting to know people in the ward while serving in Nursery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
When we first moved into our ward here in Orem they put us directly into the primary. I am in the Elder's Quorum but Laura has been in the primary ever since. We hardly know the adults in our ward and the ones we do know are known as so-and-so's mom or dad. I love working with little kids and actually kind of miss it.
I love working with the kids. I pretend that I'm disappointed I don't get to meet more adults, but I think I actually like the kids more...
You guys are so lucky I loved being in nursery you get to play all day and get a snack to boot kids are alot of fun I know you'll enjoy it.
Post a Comment