In Utah they have a made-up holiday called Pioneer Day. They celebrate the pioneers' journey to the West by doing things that have absolutely nothing to do with their journey to the West. This must be an American tradition.
What this means for me is that I got to take a day off on Thursday. We went to my sister-in-law's house and had a nice meal and ate outside. It threw my schedule off because it felt like a Saturday and then only a day later I had another day off and so this week has felt longer than most.
I've been a little anxious about the results of the IUI but not too bad. There's nothing to do but wait. We'll be sure to let all of you know the results as soon as possible. It will probably be another week or maybe longer. So don't hold your breath.
I've been pretty busy at work but our project seems to be on schedule and I am relieved. I've been working on putting together a 72-hour kit for emergencies and drafting up our dream home. I found some free drafting software published by Google but it's pretty complicated so don't look for any drafts too soon. I have also been looking at how much land costs (not that I can afford it but it's fun to dream). I want to grow my own food some day so we have to start looking now ;).
Laura has been enjoying her time off from work. She's mostly been working out, reading, working on the Primary presentation, and cleaning our house. She's a good worker.
Well, here's to made up holidays and extra days off.
No comments:
Post a Comment