Hey all! So, some relatively good news on the infertility front. I don't know if you guys knew this, or if you remember, but I had to take some pills and then also give myself a shot for three days. Anyway, the last shot was Tuesday and then yesterday I had to go see the doctor for an internal ultrasound. They look at the ovaries to see how many follicles (future eggs) I have been developing and if they are big enough to go forward with the insemination. Well, the good news is, I have three big follicles (you want at least two) and they are big enough to go forward. Yay! To stimulate all three follicles to burst, become eggs, and actually go down the tubes (ovulation) I had to give myself another shot last night of a different medicine. So I should be ovulating by tomorrow, which is when we go in for the insemination.
Adam goes in first to give his contribution to the baby making process. They give the "guys" a bath and look at them to make sure they keep only the best and brightest - or in other words, the best formed and fastest. After they do that, they take those guys, put them in a tube, and I become the happy recipient of the contents of the tube. It's actually a pretty quick process, all in all.
So, we should know by about two weeks from tomorrow (around the beginning of August or so) whether we are pregnant or not. All things considered, I actually feel pretty calm about everything. We'll keep you updated with everything that happens!
2 comments:
Hope all went well with this procedure and that yall will be pregnant soon
We have just been so excited!!!! We want to hear more like when do you go to the Dr. again?
Post a Comment