I wanted to thank everyone for all the help with the storage unit project. It was great to see everyone pitching in and making it a group effort. Especially, I wanted to thank Stephen and Sarah for offering a temporary sorting area and storage in their garage. Thanks also to Josh and Jennifer for providing their time and vehicles. I really appreciate everything.
Now that the storage unit is empty, the real work begins. As you all know there is a lot of stuff at Stephen's and some of it is just trash. However, some of those things are important sentimental artifacts. I'm hoping we can all find another time to help Mom sort through Grandma Nana's things. I think its a lot to ask Mom to do all that work alone, so I propose that we meet at Stephen's house (probably on the weekend) and work on sorting together. Even if we don't finish it all, we will at least knock out a substantial portion and reduce the amount of work left for Mom.
If you have other ideas about how to approach this issue let me know. Thanks again everyone, great teamwork.
6 comments:
I love this idea! Thanks for the suggestion, Adam. I know that both Chris and Stephen would welcome the continued combined effort to sort through the items from the storage unit.
As far as I'm concerned, any Saturday is good. However, I would be happy to help in the sorting/children watching if we do a day (or days) that I'm not working. I work the remaining Saturdays in Nov as well as Dec 10. So, I can help out on Dec 3 or any Saturday Dec 17 and beyond.
Let's pick a day, coordinate, and continue moving forward!
Thank you to Adam for starting the ball rolling on this project and keeping it rolling!
In that case, I'd like to suggest December 3rd. This coming weekend would be too soon and I'd prefer to leave the next alone as well so that everyone can enjoy their Thanksgiving holiday.
So, how about let’s meet at Stephen's house early on Saturday, December 3 and work until midday?
If you would, chime off to let us know who we can expect that day.
I checked with Stephen and he is off that Saturday. So, we will both be here to help.
Since I'm pretty sure we're the only ones who read the blog (Sarah & us) here in Texas, we'll need to talk to everyone else via phone or email...
I read the blog. I just don't know what I can do to help in this instance so I didn't comment
I know you read the blog. Thank you for contributing so regularly and posting pictures of the family. It really helps to keep in touch.
Post a Comment