I'm almost 37 weeks (which is when Dante was born) and so I thought it would be fun to have a little guessing game. When do you think the baby will come? No complications like we were having with Dante, so we are going for a "natural" delivery this time, no scheduling.
Here are a few informational dates to help guide the guesses:
Apr 2, 37 weeks (lungs fully developed for most babies and ok for baby to be born);
Apr 23, 40 weeks (current "due date");
Apr 30, 41 weeks (I've gone far enough and since I am a "higher risk" delivery, the doc doesn't want me going past 41 weeks because the risk of still birth increases)
The rules:
1. Anyone in the family can guess
2. Pick up to two dates
3. It's ok to pick the same date as someone else
(I'll update the dates as people guess.)
Current Guesses:
April 5 - Erin's birthday
April 8 - Chris' birthday
April 10 - Lilia's birthday
April 18 - Sarah, Adam (thanks to the full moon of April 17)
April 19 - Chris
April 20 - Stephen
April 21 -
April 22 -
April 23 - Laura, Connie
April 24 - Jennifer
April 25 - Connie, LeAnn (Sarah's mom)
April 26 -
...
April 27 -
April 28 - Sarah, Stephen, Adam, Jarom
April 29 - Laura
10 comments:
April 24th
There's a full moon on the 17th and we all know crazy things happen during the full moon. I'll guess that labor will start the 17th, but the baby will be born on the 18th. If not this weekend then they will induce you on the 28th.
Adam, I was kind of thinking the same thing about April 28. If it hasn't happened already, I'm feeling like that will be the day the doc wants to get things rolling one way or another.
Yeah, they usually like to induce before the weekend. It will also depend on when your doctor's on-call schedule is.
Just a side note, since it will (hopefully) be a VBAC, there won't be any inducing with petocin. It causes stronger contractions and, since I have had a C-section, it would create a higher risk of uterine rupture. So, the most the doc will do to try to start labor will be to break my water if we go past the due date. If things just don't go anywhere on their own after that, it will probably mean another C-section.
Hmm, tough choice. I'll go with the 23rd, because it's fun when they're born on their due date. For my second guess, I'll put the 29th. They'll probably start you on the 28th, but it could go into the 29th depending on how long things take. Yay for baby coming! Have you chosen which name name yet? I know you had a few in mind. Oh, and we'd loooove to see some pictures of you and your belly!
chris said the 19th although i am thinking it might be close to the 20th. I do hope that is right I would like to win the Las Vegas trip!
and the one million dollars!!!! The picture would be a good IDEA, I must say the last time I saw Sarah she looked like she was carrying twins!
to be funny I'm going to go with either April 5th (Erin's B-day) or the 28th (Jarom's B-day). they would love to have a cousin born on their B-day. Seriously, I think the 23 or 25th.
Connie, since it's just for fun anyway, I added Erin and Jarom's birthday dates to the list!
Close! Lilia's birthday is the 10th.
Post a Comment