Tuesday, June 19, 2012

You Still There?

I've been pretty busy lately and haven't posted anything in a long time. Here goes...

Laura is doing really well. She and Miriam seem to have reached an understanding. There are still days that I can tell she gets frustrated, but that's part and parcel of being a mom. Laura survived my first business trip, all alone with the girls. I know Sean and Connie are probably laughing, but its new for us to have that many kids at once.

Laura and I committed to getting more exercise. Laura is doing really so far and I'm really proud of what she's accomplished. I'm doing ok too, but I'm pretty impatient when it comes to this sort of stuff. I looked into getting some workout equipment (workout bench, treadmill, etc.) and quickly gave up. My wish list was pretty pricey and we have no place to keep all that stuff in our tiny place.

We've definitely outgrown our little apartment and are ready to start looking at homes for sale. I think within the next month we'll hire a Realtor and start looking at homes. We're looking for something kind of specific and of course want it at a discount. We'll see how things go once reality sets in. We're looking in Northeast Richardson, North Garland, Murphy, Sachse, and Wylie areas (maybe Rowlett if we find something irresistible). If we could find something affordable in Plano we'd be interested.

The girls have adjusted pretty well to having another sibling. Of course, I don't think either of them remembers a time without the other. That's one of the many cool things about having two children so close together. The other day, Lilia was trying to calm Miriam down and told her, "It's ok Miriam, I'm your best friend." I wasn't there, but it sounds really cute.

Well, my lunch hour is over. I hope to hear from the rest of you soon.

2 comments:

Connie said...

We are still here. We would NOT laugh at you about your first business trip. It is still hard. I hate it when Sean goes out of town, either for scout camp or whatever reason. I always have a hard time going to bed. It just isn't fun and it sure makes me appreciate him even more.
Jacob and Jarom got out of school at the end of May. Because of year round school the three younger kids get out this Friday, the 29th. Jacob is trying out for football and he finds out tomorrow if he makes the team. If he does, he will stay home with Sean and I. If he doesn't, he is going to Idaho with the rest of the kids from June 29th to July 4th. We will pick the kids up from my mom and dads house and then we are going to Idaho Falls to watch the fireworks. What a way to kick off the summer.

Sarah said...

We are still here. Just took me a while to log on and read the most recent posts! I can't imagine being home with three little ones like that!

I'd love to start exercising, too. I have to wait a few more months, though.

Hope the house hunting is going well.