Sunday, January 29, 2012

January in a nut shell

January has been sedate, but busy for our family.
We now have a 15-year-old. Jacob turned 15 on the 23rd. He is taller than Sean and almost as tall as I am. He started shaving last year, but has decided he wants to try and grow a beard. It is just a bit fuzzy. I call him "Shaggy". He wants to try out for the football team this summer/fall and started weight lifting. He comes home tired and a little sore, but he is having fun.
The three younger kids have been off track since the 16th- They go back on Feb 6th. I really do NOT like year round school. I much prefer the traditional school year. Jacob, Jarom and Sean are all on traditional school, but the three younger kids have year round. Oh well, I guess "When in Rome, do as the Romans do".
I am playing church B-ball. I hadn't played since JR high, 25 years ago. After playing one game I remembered why I hadn't played since then. I really am not any good at it and it hurts running up and down the court. Our coach is 74 years old and she was out there playing as well. I really need to suck it up and quit complaining. It is fun to get to know some of the sisters in our ward. We are still new enough that this is a good way to get to know people.
Utah now has 4 congressional seats and Sean set it up to have one of the people running for that 4th seat to have a meet and greet at our house on Saturday. Her name is Mia Love. It was interesting to hear her speak and hear her ideas and goals for what she would try to do if she were elected. If nothing else good came out of this, the kids and I at least cleaned the house really good; so there was that.
All in all we are doing good. We have been very blessed and I'm grateful for the tender mercies we receive every day. I hope you all are doing good. Love you,

Connie

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a fun month! Thanks for sharing.