Tuesday, February 15, 2011

GAO Job

Bad news. Looks like I won't be working at the GAO anytime soon. The budget problem is pretty serious and since Congress has not passed anything to fund these agencies past March I understand where they're coming from. I've included an excerpt of the email they sent me below.
"While we remain committed to this [internship] program and the opportunity to extend permanent employment offers, we are unable to do so at this time given the uncertainty of our budget.  Congress is still deliberating over the federal budget and we are not certain of the resource level we will receive.  Once we receive a budget, we will be in a better position to identify our hiring capability, and budget permitting, make some job offers.  We will continue to keep you up-to-date on our budget and hiring situation."
We're still applying for other jobs, but I think its going to be a long wait and that we'll run in to this budget problem again with other agencies.  Luckily, I have a job and am not as pressed to find one as others just graduating.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Sorry Adam! It is hard when things don't go the way WE plan them to or think they should.